Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hopefully, not all dreams come true!

Thursday night, I had the most intensely vivid dream I've had for a long time; I dreamed that I was dying. Now, in my business, I deal with my client's mortality on a daily basis. We discuss it, plan for it, and look beyond it for anything unforeseen. We know it's going to happen, and addressing how we handle it is priority number one. I guess what really burned this into my brain, is that I was going to die like, three days later. I didn't have some serious disease, and I wasn't having premonitions of a building collapsing on me. I was just going to pass away. It was then that the funeral became an event, and I was inviting people I met and the friends I had. I was doing all the planning and the last-minute arrangements. I remember one of my friends, upon hearing the invitation, was very non-committal; "Okay, I'll see if I can make it." See if you can make it? This is my funeral, my death, for crying out loud! How is it not the biggest event of the year? I have to laugh. Our lives, successes, and failures make us who we are. Shouldn't our death be as big a deal? I really doubt that dwelling on the event of my death makes it any easier to digest, and that planning now, instead of three days before, will make all the difference in the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This Article is great I have a life insurance Website for the Spanish community, can I link to you. My web is http://www.segurodevidamiami.com

Thank you Roberto Rojas Jr